Furuno: Cyber Security Specialist
We are looking for a proactive Cyber Security Specialist for Furuno to work with interesting products in the marine industry!
Furuno is the largest marine electronics supplier and importer in Finland. At Furuno you would join an R&D unit of 11 developers in Espoo. The team is responsible for the development of PC-based marine software such as navigation and surveillance systems used in smaller boats as well as in the larger vessels.
As a Cyber Security Specialist at Furuno Finland, your main responsibility is to ensure that our products in development meet required information security standards.. You will analyze and document products' conformance with requirements, identify points to improve and implement improvements on system, operating system and application level, together with your team.
At Furuno, with the support of your colleagues, you will become an expert in cyber security and marine IT-products. You may be an experienced information security specialist or still in the beginning of your career, as long as you have gathered experience in information security tasks as well as using Linux and coding with Python. Furuno is proud of their own unique products and feel committed to their work. In this position you can truly make an impact on product development in the maritime industry. Furuno hopes that you will stay in the team for a long time and in the long term the role will be adaptable depending on your preferences and areas of expertise.This permanent and full-time position requires being present at the Espoo office.
Furuno offers you:
- Possibility to work in a truly global company developing the cyber security of products made for professional use
- A great chance to learn and work in the marine industry with a skilled team
- Flexibility with working hours and also the possibility to do remote work in addition to office facilities in Espoo
- A chance to receive mentoring from experts in the field and grow professionally into a true pro in the field of cyber security.
- Depending on your skills and motivation, you’ll have a chance to get more responsibility and participate in different kind of projects later on
Furuno hopes you have:
- Knowledge of information/cyber security
- Familiarity with Linux operating system
- Python coding skills
- Full working proficiency in English
- Analytical mindset and motivation for product development
Furuno considers as an asset:
- Finnish language skills
- Prior working experience within the field of information/cyber security
- A higher education degree in a relevant field (for example Computer Science, IT or information security)
- C++ coding skills
Sounds like you? Please submit your CV or LinkedIn-profile and optional application letter no later than May 25th via our application system. Please also mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents. Remember to use the application system, we do not accept applications by email.
In this position you will be employed directly by Furuno. Security clearance will be conducted with the chosen candidate. Furuno’s office is located in Espoo. The candidate should be based in Finland, as we do not offer relocation.
You can familiarize yourself with Furuno here: https://www.furuno.fi/fin/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Eveliina Pyykkö (+358 50 475 2619, eveliina.pyykko[at]atalent.fi).