Metaplay: Senior Backend Developer (SDK)
Metaplay is on a mission to empower mobile game developers with cutting-edge technology and tools that enable them to develop games more simply, more reliably, and more professionally. As the company enters its next phase of growth, Metaplay is now seeking experienced Backend Developers to join its team of experts.
As a Backend Developer, you’ll join a small-but-experienced SDK team of six developers. Your main responsibility is to design and implement new features for Metaplay’s SDK and develop the platform while delivering robust and scalable code. You’ll take new features through their entire life cycle: design, implementation, UI, documentation, testing, peer review, and delivery. In addition to maintaining the existing software, you’ll also get to participate in longer-term vision-defining and product development planning and improving the architecture. Depending on your skills and interest you’ll also work with Metaplay’s customers, define their requirements, and help them to get the most out of the platform.
You might be the talent we are looking for if you are a self-driven team player who enjoys working in a customer-focused and ambitious startup environment. We hope you have gained solid experience from the backend side working with C# or other backend languages, and that you have a passion for building high-quality, scalable and robust performant software. The development team is located in the heart of Helsinki, and we hope you will be able to work at the office every now and then. However, as long as the work goes smoothly, everything is negotiable.
Metaplay offers you:
- A key role in a growing and self-sufficient startup with diverse work tasks that have a genuine impact on games with tens of millions of players
- An exciting opportunity to work with different kinds of projects across different game companies
- Possibility to work with a groundbreaking product: Metaplay is the only backend that's purpose-built to handle every stage of production for feature-complete mobile games, from the first line of code right through to liveops and player support
- Great possibilities for professional growth and development: e.g. a possibility to broaden your role into a direction you wish
- Open, transparent and caring culture founded on constant learning, sharing and growing
- Team of driven, kind, and people-centered individuals with a hunger for growth
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work either remotely or at Metaplay’s cozy office in the center of Kamppi, Helsinki
- Fringe benefits such as lunch, travel, sports, culture, insurance, and more
- Fair salary and stock option possibilities
We hope you have:
- Proficiency in C# or other backend language and solid experience in building and operating robust backend systems
- Passion for building high-quality, scalable, maintainable, and performant software
- Previous experience of working with cloud services (e.g. AWS)
- An ability to plan the technical architecture and make technological decisions
- A genuine interest towards technology and willingness to improve your skillset
- Full proficiency in English
We consider as an asset:
- Broad technical knowledge and skills with some of the following technologies: .NET, Unity, SQL, Kubernetes, Terraform, Node, Vue.js
- Experience in contributing to open-source projects
- Willingness and ability to work with customers
- Experience or understanding of game engines, e.g. Unity or Unreal
- Relevant study background
Excited about this opportunity? Let’s get things going! Please submit your CV in PDF format or share your LinkedIn profile and an optional cover letter by the latest on 31st of May via our application system. Feel free to mention a possible GitHub (or similar) profile and preferred starting date in your application documents. Please note that we go through applications already during the application period and might proceed in the recruitment process before the application deadline, so the sooner you act the better!
For more information about the position and the recruitment process please contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Tittamari Bilund (+358 50 551 3395, email@example.com). Please note that we do not accept applications by email.
More information about Metaplay:
Metaplay is a Finnish self-funded and wholly employee -owned startup established in 2019. Metaplay's mission is to enable ambitious developers to build, operate, and scale their games faster, more reliably, and more professionally than anywhere else. Metaplay is the only backend solution specifically designed to handle every stage of a top-tier mobile game's production, from the very first line of code to live operations and player support. Currently the team consists of 17 experienced developers and professionals who share a deep passion for creating high-quality games.