Welcome to Sievo Summer Academy 2023!
Are you ready to jumpstart your software development career in a flexible and international environment? Join our Summer Academy if you get excited about working with Azure, databases, React, C#, microservices, DevOps or Machine Learning!
We are looking for great people (also known as “Summer Seals”) to join our cross-functional development teams as Software Engineers. Our teams embrace a “you build, you run” culture, which means that our teams have a lot of experts of various skills. Each team owns a certain domain of our procurement analytics solution, and the team's primary goal is to make their own parts of the domain as good and easy to use as possible.
If you haven't come across Sievo before, here is a quick overview: Sievo is a rapidly growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) growth company headquartered in Helsinki with offices in Chicago and Bucharest. As the global leader in procurement analytics, we serve over 150 large, multinational companies including Carlsberg, Kellogg's, Levi's, and Deutsche Telekom, among others.
You will fit our pack if you:
- Have some experience in coding and other parts of software development such as user interface design or testing
- Are eager to learn how software is built to last years to come, instead of building something for a few months only
- Are an easy-going person and courageous to talk with everyone in the team and also people outside of the team
- Take ownership of your own tasks
- Are not looking for just any summer job but instead one where you can truly work, learn and grow
- Have the courage to question things and to speak up: we believe development comes from challenging the status quo
We offer you:
- A working environment to test your skills and a team where you can learn from the best
- A unique experience on what it is like to work in a company that builds and maintains their own software
- Depending on your skills and interests, you might be working together with our UX designers and/or software architects. Or if you are interested in ML / AI, you also might work with teams and problem sets which focus on these areas.
- An inside view of a truly international growth company with large customers all over the world and a chance to work in English
- Opportunity to learn relevant skills hands-on and gain relevant work experience
- A possibility to get your foot in the door and potentially continue your journey at Sievo after the summer
- A Seal Team consisting of all our Summer Seals and fun events with them
- A possibility to do a project in another team in Sievo besides your own
- Newly renovated office in the heart of Helsinki!
Did you get excited?
Great! The application period is open only until the 12th of February. We will be going through the applications on an ongoing basis, so don’t hesitate to send in your application through our recruitment system as soon as possible. We really appreciate it if you provide not only your CV, but also a cover letter and/or a short video. This way we get to know you better!
Please note that we are unable to provide relocation sponsorship for this role and all candidates should be eligible to work in Finland.